Hair Diary: Kierra M.

4:31 PM

When and why did you decide to natural?

I decided to go natural my senior year of high school (about 6 years ago). From childhood, I would always find myself feeling my roots and not wanting to get a relaxer when the time came around. The desire for my natural hair was always there, and I finally cut my hair October 2004!

Were your friends and family supportive of your decision?  If not, how were you able to move forward?

My friend and I took on the natural journey together, so we had each other's support. Others were initially put off by my decision, but I have always been confident in myself to the point where it didn't bother me. Eventually, they came around, and so did the rest of the world!

What is your current hair routine?

I shampoo and deep condition my hair once a week, and put it into a protective style that will last me anywhere from a week to a month. I also cowash every few days, and try to keep my hair well moisturized.

What are your hair goals? What steps are you taking to achieve them?

My goal is to grow my hair as healthy, and subsequently, as long as possible! Presently, I am doing my best to leave my hair alone with the exception of weekly maintenance. Hopefully, I will see positive results :)

What new hair styles or techniques have you learned this year?

This year I have been doing box braids a lot (thanks KinkyKurlyQueen!)...I find that this style allows for low manipulation, but it is also cute. Recently, I have been learning from Kim Love of Kimmaytube about the ideal pH balance for our hair texture, and I hope this knowledge will serve me good as well.

What is your defintion of "good hair"?

Healthy hair is good hair...period!

Finish this sentence: Curly girls have more fun because....

....life without versatility is no life at all!

Well said sis, thanks for sharing! Please visit Kierra's blog Southern Confidence for more of her hair journey!!

Submit your Hair Diary by clicking this link! http://naturallyobsessed.onsugar.com/Hair-Diary-How-Can-I-Featured-8336639

You Might Also Like

0 People Obsessing!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images