Solange Knowles In Honey Magazine

12:59 PM

Miss Knowles recently sat down with Honey Magazine for an exclusive interview, where she discussed everything from fashion to spending quality time with her son Juelz.  She also talks a little bit about her hair history and the reaction from her fans of her recent appearance on Oprah.  Below is just a snippet of the interview....

Obviously, it’s a different reaction with you because of who you are, but have you found that you’re received differently by the general public than you are with the long hair?  How does the outside world treat you?
The first picture of me when I cut it off — I had no idea that there was any photography going on. I was looking like someone taking their kid to school at 7 o’clock in the morning in jeans and a top and no makeup on, no earrings, no nothing. That reaction was very harsh, very negative. I think it was the initial thought of change in someone that freaked everyone out. As a society we equate beauty with the images that have been placed in front of us since we were little kids. Every Disney movie, every fairy tale, every pop star typically has a certain aesthetic and look. I think that anytime we see something different, it freaks us out. The more people warmed up to it, and they saw more images of me with it and dressed up with my earrings and a little something, something on my face, I think then people were more willing to conform and accept it. Now, it’s interesting how the first day I had it, I had nothing but negative, evil, cruel things in my inbox and then yesterday [after Oprah aired] I had 300,000 people saying ‘Oh my God, you looked amazing, so beautiful, and you made us proud.’ People were able to hear my reasoning, which is good and bad because we should be able to just express ourselves.

To read more of this interview click here !

Quotes and pictures courtesy of HoneyMag.com

 Digging Solo's hot pink jumper grab yourself one at TopShop.com

You Might Also Like

0 People Obsessing!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images