Hair Diary: Tikisha M.

1:46 PM

About me....hmmm...I'm errr, a laid back homebody and I guess I can call myself a creative writer because I LOVE to write whatever comes to my crazy out of this world mind. A great mom to a Harvard bound 3 yr old man, lol and overly obsessed with America's Most Wanted. If there's ever a blue moon and I just so happen to go out and hang wit my girls...watch out because I'm fierce **snaps**

Where do you live? How is the natural hair community there?
I live in Pg County, MD and the natural scene is definitely present and I'm seeing more and more curlies in the DMV area. We often have curly meet ups :)

When and why did you decide to go natural?
I went natural Sept. 30th, 2009! I just celebrated my first year nappi-versary and it feels GREAT!! I was pushed into going natural from my girlfriend who brought it up. I tried it years ago, but punked out after a few months because I had no idea what to use or how to take care of it. THIS time, I did extensive research before I made my final decision and I LOVE it. Best thing ever! I've always been curious with my "new growth" as a permie and decided to do something different. U GOTTA try it at least once in ur life!!

Were your friends and family supportive of your decision? If not, how were you able to move forward?
My friends were skeptical in the beginning and since I started with an Amber Rose cut I know they were thinking...WTH??? My sisters laughed in my face, my dad didn't like it, but you know what in the end I knew I was making the right choice for ME!! Do I regulate how they wear their split and damaged ends or sauteed bangs? Nope! Everybody can't like everything and it's okay. I have the last laugh because a year later my hair is longer than my sisters dried n damaged hair lol! And my other sister tries to sneak her hands in my hair, but I karate chop it :)

Describe your hair routine.
I've kept the same consistent routine for a whole year: poo, condish (to detangle) and DC once a week, twice a day I spritz w/oil and water mix, and every 2-3 days I TRY to remember to grease my scalp (w/pooka hair butter)

Do you have any hair goals? What steps are you taking to achieve them?

My hair goals USED to be to grow it long...hoooowever, I'm learning the longer it grows the more work is needed. I miss my twa days and I'm seriously itching to go back to my Amber Rose cut. I've had long hair all my life and whew, it's honestly overrated TO ME. It's just something classy, confident and fierce to see a woman hold her head high with a short cut. I'm on the fence with another BC right now **sigh** Anyhoo, for growth, consistency is the key and not trying too many different products at one time. being a PJ (product junkie) will leave you BROKE.( trust me I know!) Keep it simple and have PATIENCE, I know its hard, but it's a MUST. I don't believe in miracle growth pills and blah blah blah. Regardless your hair grows about ehhh at least a 1/2 inch, maybe more depending on your diet.

What's your fav natural hair style?
My fav go-to style is 2 strands because its easy and I can throw it in an updo and keep it moving. After I rinse out my DC I pick out a product combo (dont EVEN get me started on products, but I've dwindled my stash down to my TOP 3's), section, apply leave-in and twist w/styler. I'll leave it twisted for about 4 days n twist out until wash day.

Curly girls have more fun because...they envy us!! Do you know folks are PAYING for fake hair to look like ours, amazing!!


You can find more of Kisha by visiting her blog @ http://www.kandidkoilz.onsugar.com

You Might Also Like

0 People Obsessing!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images