2 Years Down, So Many More To Go!!!

5:45 PM

Today marks the 2 year anniversary of my Big Chop.  Ok Ok...I don't really remember the exact date, but I know it was the last week of December 2007. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...LOL!  I was so scared when I finally let go of my relaxed ends. I was terrified of what people would think and say.  Heck, I didn't even tell my husband until a month later.  I hid my hair under micros until March 2008, when I was mentally prepared to start my natural journey  After transitioning for a year and a half I was finally ready to let go.  I haven't looked back since!

1. Micros during my transition 2. Deep conditioning my natural hair for the 1st time

Here are a few more pics of the 1st year...

I've come a looonng way since 2008.  My hair grows more and more every month but, I've never been that concerned about hair growth.  In my mind that's what hair is supposed to do when properly cared for.  My number one goal has always been to have healthy hair and to better understand my individual texture.  Some may say that I've already accomplished that, but I say you can never learn enough.  Hair changes all the time, I'm just trying to keep up. 

Here's are a few pics from 2009....

In 2010, I plan to keep my routine pretty much the same.  I'm slowly, but surely giving my product cabinet a more organic , all natural makeover.  As my hair grows and gets thicker it seems to respond better to organic products.  My hair would definitely benefit from less blow drying and more air drying, like I used to do.  And sticking to my routine couldn't hurt either...lol.

I can't wait to see what my hair looks like by December 2010!!!

What hair memories do you have of 2009?!?

You Might Also Like

1 People Obsessing!

  1. How did you get your to grow so fast? I would like to know what you use...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images