Olivia Rose.... Glam Curls Profile

5:13 PM

1. Briefly explain your hair routine.

1. A day before I wash my hair, I apply coconut oil.
2. Next day, I put my hair in loose braids.
3. Apply Aubrey`s Organics Shampoo to scalp & massage in.
4. Dilute Aubrey`s Organics Shampoo with warm water in a cup and pour it into the braids and squeeze the braids in a downwards motion.
5. Apply Aubrey`s Organics Conditioner on braids, leave on for 2 minutes.
6. Pour water water in a cup and pour it down each braid until the shampoo & conditioner is gone.
7. Un-braid (one section at a time) and detangle with a wide tooth comb.
8. Apply a thin coat of Le Kair Cholesterol Cream or Qhemet`s Biologics Alma & Olive Heavy Cream on each un-braided section then braid hair back up, continue with all sections.
9. Let hair air dry.
10. Finalize with a spray leave-in.

After I let my hair air dry. I'll usually style my hair the same day (using hair stylers like Miss Jessies, Oyin Handmade or Blended Beauty) in braids or twist n curlers; then in the morning I un-braid or un-twist and that's my style for the week. I wash my hair in braids to prevent further tangles and elongate (prevent shrinkage) my hair.

2. Have you ever regretted your decision to go natural? If so, why?

No, I do not regret going natural because I have never chemically processed my hair. I do regret not accepting my hair. I use to damage my hair with excessive heat and I use to always apply fake hair to my hair without giving my hair a break and some TLC, but I'm learning now and I'm proud of my hair.

3. What is the best thing about being natural?

It's who I am! I wouldn't change or ask someone else to alter their natural hair texture, so I don't believe anyone should tell black women or men to do that to theirs. I say that because in the media there is only one form of beauty, and it's daunting to have to see that everyday and sad that people believe in that. I love when people embrace who they are and show the world they aren't afraid to be who they were destined to be and that is why natural hair brings such power, strength and dignity. 

4. What 3 products can you not live without?

Just 3! Okay, Coconut oil, Aubrey's Organics Shampoo and Giovanni Direct Leave-In.

5. What 3 products would you never buy again?

Cantu Shea Butter leave in, Avalon Organics Shampoo and Burt's Bees Shampoo

6. What is your favorite hairstyle for your natural hair?

An up-do or braid out.

7. Who are your favorite curly/kinky celebs?

Erykah Badu, Laura Izibor and Tomiko Fraser

8. What makes your curls Glam Curls?

No one person has my exact hair!

To see more of Olivia Rose, click on the links below...

Fotki : http://public.fotki.com/precious-olivia/

Blog : http://www.xo-weekendluxury.blogspot.com

You Might Also Like

7 People Obsessing!

  1. omg. I LOVE her hair!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Olivia! I always like ur hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure is a lot you go through...I'll have to print this out to remember it step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ladies

    @ anonymous, you don't have to wash your hair that way. i do it to prevent tangles. typically i wash my hair once every 2 weeks, so it's not a chore or a lot of work for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The updo is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Olivia!!! I love her hair!
    Super cute updo chica!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful hair and woman! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images