Flax Seed Hair Gel

6:45 PM

I found this recipe on SoapForGoodnessSake.com

Ingredients :

2 Tablespoons of Whole Flax Seeds

1 Cup of Water

Pure Aloe Vera Gel, if desired

Few Drops of Essential Oil for scent (optional)

Instructions :

Bring water to a boil.  Stir the seeds into the water and reduce heat.  Simmer for about 10 minutes**, stirring constantly until a gel-like lotion is formed.  Strain through a fine strainer or cheesecloth into a small bottle.  Add essential oils and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.  If desired, you can add some pure aloe vera gel for its moisturizing properties.  Fill the bottle with flax seed gel until bottle is about 3/4 full, then fill the to the top with pure aloe vera gel.

This gel will not flake of make the hair hard or crunchy.  Safe to use daily.

**Writer's Note : This seemed to thick to strain easily.  I found it easier to make this recipe using double the water called for, then strain after 10 minutes and return to the pan and simmer until thicker.  Let cool then transfer to a bottle and add the aloe and essential oil.

 My Thoughts : I have never tried this before and this is NOT my recipe, so please keep that in mind when writing your comments. Thanx.

You Might Also Like

4 People Obsessing!

  1. You wont need the extra water if you try boling for only a couple of minutes. As soon as it comes to a boil it's pretty much done because the longer you boil it, the thicker the gel will be which makes it hard to strain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction to my last post: lol I noticed you boil the water then add the flaxseed. I combine the water and the flaxseed then wait for it to boil. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer a thick gel, like that of commercial styling gels. I place the flax seeds into knee-hi's and loosely tie. Then place into water and boil. This will make it easy and a nice thick consistency. I add aloe vera gel and VCO (virgin coconut oil) along with essential oils..mix well A great styling gel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I love your blog ;-)
    I'm from another country, sorry about my English... I use this gel but another recipe:
    1 flax seed tablespoon
    125 ml. Water

    Thats really good for my curly hair (3A).

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images