Weekly Food For Thought: Coconut Milk

10:36 AM

Hello NaturallyObsessed readers!!

I know it has been a while but I am back with another “Food For Thought” that I think you all will love. Food of the week (drum roll please lol) COCONUT MILK! I know we have all heard of coconut milk being used in hair treatments whether it be a deep conditioner, pre-poo, or as a substitute for traditional
conditioners. Here, I plan to unveil the secrets behind this frequently used hair elixir and why it is so helpful in our health and beauty regimes.

During my research, I discovered the ingredients in coconut milk not only benefit our hair but give great support to our overall well being. According to www.Hubpages.com, coconut milk contains a unique blend of natural fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals that have the ability to strengthen and fortify cells, and this includes hair cells. Because coconut milk contains lauric acid, which is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-fungal, it is also great for our immune systems (ehow.com). This information reinforces the fact that what and how we eat plays a major role in the health of our hair, skin, and nails. Hair is something we definitely have to address from the inside out.

There are so many great recipes on how to incorporate coconut milk into our hair regimes but, of course, I chose to include here only those that are curly girl friendly:)

•From www.MyWomenStuff.com I found this really simple technique for applying coconut milk to your hair:

-Lean your head over a sink

-Slowly poor a can of coconut milk (or more if necessary) over the length of your hair

-Let the excess milk run off

-Put a shower cap over your head

-Wrap your head in a towel for 15-30 min

-Shampoo, condition, and style as normal

•From www.ehow.com I found this coconut milk recipe that helps prevent hair loss:

-1 cup fresh coconut, grated

-1 cup water -1/4 cup coconut milk

-3 tsp. camphor lotion

-1 cup plain yogurt

-Amla oil

-1/4 tsp. powdered fenugreek

-1/8 tsp. black pepper

•My personal favorite:

-1 can of coconut milk

-2tsp honey

-1 ripe avocado

-3 tsp of melted coconut oil

After using these recipes, you should a notice more shine, strength, and less tangles in your coils. The protein and fats in coconut milk are what give us these wonderful results. Click here for a cool article on 100 uses of coconut. Who knew it could be used as a floor polisher?!

It is my sincere hope that you have found this information helpful. My ultimate goal here is to discover more organic ways to nurture our hair and skin and I think the use of natures gifts can be great for this. I am learning so much doing the research behind that brings these posts to life. Heartfelt thanks to KKQ and all of you.

See ya in the next post! HeartfeltHoney ♥

{Image Source}

You Might Also Like

0 People Obsessing!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images