In Review: Desert Essence Italian Red Grape, Green Apple Ginger & Coconut Conditioners

10:48 AM

During my recent junkie binge at LuckyVitamin.com, I ordered three conditioners from the Desert Essence product line.  I ordered a bunch of other stuff too, but I don't need ya'll judging me for not fighting off my inner "PJ"....LOL!!  Anyhoo, I've never seen these products in any of my local stores, but I've read some great reviews and at $5.12 each I had to give them a try.

Italian Red Grape: "Enriched with Antioxidant UV filters to protect the hair from environmental stressors such as the sun." After my last Cassia treatment I decided to give this one a try and use as a deep treatment.  If you have used Cassia or even Henna, you know it doesn't leave your hair with the most pleasant smell.  This conditioner knocked the funk right out.  The scent is sooo yummy...like grape Jolly Ranchers!!  But its not like other conditioners that smell really nice, but do very little.  After rinsing and detangling my hair was very soft and moisturized.  Luvs It!!  Some of the key ingredients are: Organic Grape Extract, Reveratrol (which is said to help with hair loss), Red Wine Extract, Organic Grape Seed Oil, Pure Vitamin E and B5.  For the complete list of ingredients click here.

Green Apple Ginger: "Contains vitamins and antioxidants to correct everyday damage and make hair strands look fuller." Whatever you do don't wash your hair on an empty stomach because, this stuff smells so GOOD!!...You might bite your hand off...lol!  It's thick and creamy just how I like it and it gives me great slip.  But this conditioner is not as moisturizing as the Italian Red Grape or the Coconut formulas.  However, if you crave more thickness and volume in your hair this would be perfect for you.  It doesn't weigh the hair down which allows the hair to move more freely.  Some of the key ingredients are:  Organic Extracts of Apple, Ginger, Milk Thistle, Olive, Organic Sunflower Oil, Pure vitamin E and B5.  For the complete list of ingredients click here.

Coconut: "Infused with organic coconut oil to provide intense moisture, smooth frizzes and restore hair's natural luster." Hands down my favorite of all three!!  It smells awesome, gave tons of slip and it did exactly what it said it would do.  My hair was smooth, soft and dare I say..silky!  And usually when styling my hair for a braid out by the time I finished braiding the back the front starts to dry.  Not this time, there was no need to re wet my hair, the moisture stayed in and I was able to get done my hair faster.  The next time I use this I'll leave it on overnight and maybe even mix in a bit of coconut oil for even more moisture.  Some of the key ingredients are: Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Sunflower Oil and Hemp Seed Oil.  For the complete ingredients list click here.

**These products are 100% vegan, wheat and gluten free. NO parabens, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates, pthalates, artificial colors, silicones, EDTA, glycol, or petroleum-based ingredients.

Have you tried Desert Essence yet?!?  Share your thoughts!

You Might Also Like

0 People Obsessing!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images