Video: Goodbye Raggedy Ends, Hello Happy Coils!

5:25 PM

I finally got around to snipping those pesky dry ends that I mentioned in my "Tension Blow Drying" video. This trim was wayyyy over due, but better late than never, right? So...early last Saturday (10/22) I gave a myself a trim by snipping off an 1/2 an inch all over. How did I do it you ask? Well, continue reading for a short video of me explaining the steps I took. I must warn you though, I was tired and not looking to cute AT ALL, so like a good neighbor please look past the bags under my eyes :) Enjoy!
 
**My twists will be 5 weeks old on Friday, not sure if I'll start the take down over the weekend or just wait until next week....I really don't want too though :(

You Might Also Like

7 People Obsessing!

  1. nice! can you please do an addendum showing a twist and how much you trimmed? it's really hard for me to understand since it's coily and my hair is the same way. U are right about the health and keeping your ends healthy to get to the length goal. because of my fear of stylists i went a whole year without trimming my ends. it's not easy to trust ppl with your hair. when i did get it trimmed it was a little over 2 inches! ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your hair look gorgeous once again!! I completely feel you 100% about trying to maintain length over healthy hair and ends. I am very wary of keeping my ends moisturized, sealed, and protected. My last trim period lasted from December 2010 to October 2011. A whopping 10 months, and I still didn't feel the need to cut off more than 1/4 of an inch and let me tell you my hair feels Sooooooo GOOOOOOOD! lol My twists are starting to look like perfection again even though I didn't trim off that much. If I make it to April 2012 without another trim I will be able to check off my Hairsolution of only trimming my hair once for the entire 3rd year of me being natural! =D Next year? NO TRIMS AT ALL. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just trimmed my hair after about 10.5 months of not trimming. I was holding onto that length lol. I wish I had seen this video before I started, I straightened my hair with a maxiglide--which I just bought and LOVE btw-- because I couldn't tell how much I was snipping off with my coily hair (we have about the same texutres!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. people think im crazy because im obsessed with trimming, even though i also want to grow my hair. results like this show that trimmed ends just look amazing after a good trim. can't have long unhealthy hair! and amazingly you have long and trimmed hair. You are proof that im not insane for trimming and growing my hair!

    missdeeplyrooted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @BreukelensFinest You get it! Having long hair is awesome, but when the ends of your hair are just knotted and split it looks a mess...in my opinion lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Hxyzyn It's nothing wrong with straightening for a trim, that's actually how I usually do it. This time around I didn't feel like waiting until I had time to straighten, those ends were annoying me like crazy!

    @MsKraizy lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have quick question. So my hair grows at a normal rate but I can't seem to keep my ends healthy enough to retain length. Do you have any tips/suggestions?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images