Hair Diary: Shey

1:01 AM

When and why did you decide to go natural?

I decided to go natural in early October 2008, at the time I was contemplating whether to BC or transition.  I began researching relentlessly and fell in love with sharpness of TWA's via on-line images.  I have had several spunky short cuts that I adored and figured I could rock a TWA without a problem.  I BC'd on December 30, 2008 because I wanted to start the New Year au natural.  My biggest reason for going natural simply was because I got tired of always having to travel back to NYC (my hometown) to keep up with my hair demands.  The stylists in my current location just "didn't do it for me" to say the least.

Were your friends and family supportive of your decision?  If not, how were you able to move forward? 

My friends and family were very supportive, but quite honestly had they not have been I still would have done it anyway.  It's just the way I am.  When an idea robs my thoughts until the point of insanity, I do what ever it takes to accomplish what I have in mind.

What is current hair routine?

 I try to keep my routine uncomplicated.  I de-tangle prior to washing and set my hair in twists.  I then wash with a tingly shampoo and deep condition afterwards.  While I deep condition I grab my favorite nail lacquer and get to polishing my nails.  For styling purposes i moisturize with a water based leave in, followed by a hair butter/cream and seal with coconut oil.  I recently discovered the wonders of bentonite clay for my hair and I would also love to try Henna with indigo.

What are your hair goals?  What steps are you taking to achieve them?

My hair goal is a healthy humongous mane.  The bigger the better.  To achieve this I'm doing the basic necessities of hair care, maintaining a cleansed scalp, maintaining a moisture/protein balance and paying special attention to the condition of my ends.

How do you protect your hair in cold and warm weather?

I tend to treat my hair year round pretty equally because my hair tends to be on the dry side regardless of the seasons.

What is your definition of "Good Hair" ?

My definition of "good hair" is that here is no such thing.  it is a notion that our communities need to get rid of in my opinion.

For more images of this natural beauty please visit her Fotki albums http://public.fotki.com/La-Reina-del-Kink/

You Might Also Like

0 People Obsessing!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images