Weekly Food For Thought: Bananas

12:42 PM

Hello Naturally Obsessed!

I am back with another “Food For Thought” that I think you all will love. Food of the week: Bananas. I have always loved bananas and keep them on hand to grab on the way to work in the morning, but never did I know they could be so good for hair. Sure I heard people talk about using banana in homemade recipes, but I never really gave it any serious thought until now...
While researching this tasty fruit, I discovered that bananas are not just good to eat. Originating in Southeast Asia, bananas were eventually domesticated in Papua New Guinea. Later they were grown throughout the tropics and can now be found all over the world. Banana plants can reach between two and eight meters in height and are full of these four hair friendly ingredients: potassium, vitamins a, b, and c, natural oils, and carbohydrates.
According to this article, potassium assists in clearing away bacteria on the scalp and softening the hair shaft. Vitamins a, b, and c help prevent split ends and promote healthy hair strands. Bananas also contain tryptophan, a rich amino acid that is known to be extremely beneficial for hair and skin. Sounds good so far huh? Well it gets better.
Bananas are great for recovering your hair from exposure to harsh environmental factors such as pollution, dirt, and toxins. By using bananas in a hair mask, we can help maintain the natural elasticity of our hair strands which ultimately helps prevent split ends.
I have to say I was becoming increasingly impressed by the benefits of using bananas on hair and resolved to do a banana hair mask on my next wash day. As I continued my research, I also discovered that bananas are excellent for preventing dandruff and alleviating irritable scalp.
In an article written by Lori Polluck, I discovered that bananas can be used to heal psoriasis on both the scalp and body. By using the mixture mentioned here, psoriasis can be cured in as little as five days with daily use. Bananas also help control dandruff, flaking and dry scalp. Click here for more on the benefits of using bananas on the scalp.
Hair masks have been used for centuries to cure hair woes. The Taiwano Indians used heated extract of banana for regular softening scalp treatments. They are especially suitable for people with dry or dyed hair. Banana hair masks give hair shine, strength, calm irritated scalp, add volume, soften the hair shaft, and make hair more manageable.
As an added bonus bananas are great for digestion and acne. Feeling a little irregular? Try eating a banana. The vitamin c helps to settle upset stomach. Battling acne prone skin? Try rubbing a banana peal on the problem area. You will remove bacteria and should notice and reduction in redness. I hope you enjoyed reading this article as much as I enjoyed writing it. I felt so inspired that I decided to do my own banana hair mask. If your looking for an inexpensive conditioner treatment or for organic hair care recipes bananas are a good ingredient to start with. Until next time. I wish you all a peaceful and productive week. See ya in the next post!
But before you go, check out this cool recipe I spotted at EHow•Com.  And if your intersted, visit my YouTube channel to see my expierence with a banana hair mask...here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzUEHfKghkM....Enjoy :)
{Image Source}

You Might Also Like

0 People Obsessing!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images