TWA Hair Diary: Cia

7:28 PM

About Me.... Wah Gwan!! My name is Felicia, but know me as Cia. I am an aspiring dancer and college student as a double major in Human Developmental Family Studies along with Psychology. I live in the eastern part of the US in a bland state...but hey that's life. Oh, did I mention that I love to dance (hehe)?!?

When and why did you decide to natural?

I decided to go natural shortly after New Years. I did this after an article I wrote for my school's paper. I took a step into "naturalhood" after realizing that I needed to learn to accept me for everything God destined me to be in my natural form on June 7, 2010. I was so consumed by what society deemed to be beautiful hair or what they saw as a beautiful woman. I was also inspired by my friend Chanel, who has been natural since birth...Go Her!!

Were your friends and family supportive? If not, how were you able to move forward?

*sighs* The day I walked into my parents room, after I had bc'ed(myself) they yelled at me and basically called me stupid. From there my confidence was shot! My mom automatically started calling me "Freddy" (I guess that's the first boy name that popped in her head). My support system at home was more like an unsupported system. Shortly after I got micro braids put in, because I could not stand looking at myself in the mirror with short hair. Two months later I took the braids out and rocked my TWA with confidence and style. Most of my friends loved it, others are still unsure about how they feel about it.

What is your current hair routine?

I co-wash with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration or Cantu Shea Conditioner, everyday or every other day. I then spritz my hair with my mix of glycerin, evoo and grape seed oil...that's it! KISS "keep it short and simple" is the best method for me. I also wash and deep condition every week as well.

Do you have any hair goals? What steps are you taking to achieve them?

My hair goal is to maintain HEALTHY hair, that's it. It would be nice to have APL by June, but if not I won't die or anything lol! i am just making sure to keep up with massaging my roots and drinking plenty of water. I may purchase Castor Oil as well, I hear it promotes hair growth. Also I exercise daily and take vitamins to ensure a healthy body and a healthier me!

How has your perception of beauty changed since going natural?

YES!!!!! A Lot  A Lot A Lot! Before I used to fool myself and say beauty comes from within, while still trying to look my best with long hair. But now I know for sure it does. Just because I'm natural, it doesn't make me any less beautiful and it's still the same Cia that reps Cookie Monster as her husband to the fullest!!!! lol!

What advice would you give to a new natural who may be struggling with her new look?

Remember who you are and where you have come. When you look back at how you have overcome your all struggles...smile! Because it's only by God's grace that you've come this far. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

You Might Also Like

0 People Obsessing!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images