Food For Thought: Tomatoes + Meet Our New Guest Blogger

3:59 PM

Hello NaturallyObessed readers. I am so happy to have the opportunity to share with you all today. Just to give you a little background as to who I am, I am a blogger over at HoneyCee•Blogspot•Com, a vlogger as "TheHeartFeltHoney" on youtube, a sister, a friend, and an over all lover of life and all things natural. My passion has always been writing. I have a Bachelors Degree in English and Modern Language with a concentration in African-American Literature and I plan to use my knowledge base to bring you all the best possible information I can on food and how it relates to hair. Thank you for having me :)

This week's hair food pick is Tomatoes! Now I know I'm not the only person who has noticed the cosmetic industries recent infatuation with tomatoes. They are showing up as an ingredient in everything! We see tomato in our facial toners, eye creams, conditioners, soaps and the list goes on. Just the talk about Yes to Tomatoes alone is enough to make you take a second look in your own refrigerator. I decided to do a little research on this super food and find out exactly what all the fuss is about... 

I was surprised to learn that tomatoes could be so beneficial to hair health. According to an article by Sandra Piddock, eating or ingesting tomatoes can be good for hair growth as they are a good source of biotin and vitamin A. Biotin is necessary for cell growth, the production of fatty acids, and the metabolism of fats and amino acids. The body naturally produces biotin . Vitamin A is required for development and maintenance of the epithelial cells, in the mucus membranes, and your skin, which is important for the growth of scalp hair.

Tomatoes are also good to use topically in hair after swimming in pool water to prevent hair staining and odor. They also help to balance the pH levels in our hair. However, tomatoes should not be applied directly to healthy hair regularly as they are highly acidic. Click here for more on tomatoes and their acidity.

As a treatment for hair loss on weak or damaged hair follicles, take a can of tomato paste or even a fresh tomato remove all seeds, and apply paste to hair and scalp. According to this article, users should see a reduction in hair loss within a month. For more information on the safe and beneficial use of tomatoes on hair check out the links below. I hope this post has helped shed some light on the cosmetic industry's new tomato obsession. I can't until next week when we we explore the safe and efficient use of Bananas on hair! If you have any questions or comments please leave them below. See ya in the next post!

http://www.mamaherb.com/hair-loss-home-remedy-using-tomato-paste

You Might Also Like

0 People Obsessing!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images