Obsessive Links: Is Gray Hair Beautiful?

12:43 PM

I think so! I've been noticing the grays in my kinks for some time now and just yesterday I post a pic of one of my longest ones on Instagram. I only have a few for now, but I've always been a fan of gray hair. Yes, it's a sign of age, but to age is a gift in my opinion. It's a sign of life! So I wear my gray strands proudly and always encouraged those around me (especially my mother) to do the same. But, not everyone shares my enthusiasm...and that's fine too!
Supermodel Iman posted her thoughts of grays on her site Destination Iman, and I love her point of view and the views of the ladies she spoke with. Here's my favorite excerpt from her article...
"That being said, I think women who are completely gray are positively sublime. Whether cropped short or long and layered, every woman I’ve ever laid eyes on with a well-appointed sterling mane is at once regal and proud. They always strike me as being high priestesses of sorts; women who are light years beyond societal beauty norms so much so that they’ve created their own niche where they can be alluring and beguiling without having to get into the whole battle royale that is aging. They get the joke; what makes the hot chicks hot is that they aren’t slaves to narcissism. They have the moxie to take their vanity in moderation which gives them an air of wisdom and strength."
 
Read the full story HERE, it's a definitely a good read!
What are your thoughts on grays...Pluck and dye them or just let them shine?
 
Image Source

You Might Also Like

10 People Obsessing!

  1. I like grays! I have quite a few on my head & they just keep coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not ready for my greys, at all. I pluck and pull 'em. However, I do plan on rocking them short after 50, I will embrace them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love grey hair. I cannot wait until mine is snow white lol .. Everyone thinks i'm crazy but I just ADORE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother has gray hair and it is always done. There is not a day that goes by that she is not stopped and be complimented on her. She always quotes Ray Charles " I'm a let it do what it do baby". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The women in your photo sure make it look beautiful. Mine is growing in grey in areas but the bulk of the length is my natural color. I don't think I'm ready to unleash the "wisdom" just yet. But I do love it on others :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look really amazing! I don't think i'm good with gray hair. Hmmm maybe one day i might give a try. Anyways nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was told in 2001, I was 12 at the time, that I had gray hair and that it meant that I was wise. I thought about it and was like Ok. Eleven years later and I now have more gray hair than my mom. I doesn't bother me at all, it's hair it's gonna do what it do. To me it's like I have to 2 hair colors that I didn't have to pay for from a box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gray hair can indeed be beautiful. I have some pals who grayed early & now rock totally gray/white hair. HOWEVER,as long as there is henna & indigo, I will keep rocking my naturally beautiful JET BLACK HAIR !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grey hair IS beautiful (nothing to do with the fact I found one in my hair the other day hehehe) but yeah its a sign of wisdom and knowledge and a well lived years. It is to be embraced not covered up with.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images