TWA Hair Diary: Heather D.

1:04 PM

When and why did you decide to go natural?

I went natural on January 1, 2010.I became a Zumba instructor and I got tired of all the heat and chemicals and wanted a change.

Were your friends and family supportive of your decision? If not, how were you able to move forward?

My sisters were very supportive, but my mom was not happy with my decision.  Both my sisiters are natural so their support was enough for me to keep moving forward.

What is your current routine?

I co-wash and deep condition weekly and I shampoo biweekly.

What are your hair goals? What steps are you taking to achieve them?

My goal is to have waist length hair.  I do as much protective styling as possible and make sure to protect my ends.

How has your perception of beauty changed since going natural?

My perception of beauty has never wavered.  I am beautiful no matter what.  Cutting myhair has not changed anything.  I love me :-)

What advice would you give to a new natural?

Ejoy your hair, there is so much you can do with it.  Have fun and be happy!!

You Might Also Like

0 People Obsessing!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images