Obsessed Mail: Relaxed & Dyed...Please Help!

5:38 PM

Q: Hey, love what your doing with your hair, its so beautiful. The reason why I'm writing is because I need your help to get my hair back healthy again. I have rather long African American hair that goes a little past my shoulders. I perm it every three months, but I want to stop doing that and go natural. I recently dyed my hair black with a box treatment and now my ends are breaking off and looking dry.  I have a good grade of hair but after I dyed it, but its struggling to be healthy again.  I try everything and nothing seems to work . Please help!! -Alexis

A: I had this very problem before I decided to go natural.  My hair was thick and healthy and had a ton of volume and body.  But then I started experimenting with color.  At first I only used rinses to color my hair, but then I started using permanent color and my hair began to fall apart.  The combination of relaxing and dying your hair can be very damaging to your hair.  And if your not properly moisturizing and taking care of your hair, like I was, it makes it worse.  In a nutshell your hair needs a break!  Lay off the perm and dye and nurse your hair back to good health.  Deep conditioning is a must!  I'm not sure how often your doing it, but I suggest DC'ing once a week.  Also you may want to add a protein treatment into your routine as well.  I use the Aubrey Organics GPB  (Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner) every other week when my hair is loose to strengthen my hair.

If you can no longer take the breakage and if your bold enough to Big Chop then go for it.  But if you're scared of the TWA, like I was, you can transition until you feel more comfortable.  I hope this advice helps you and take care :-)

KKQ

You Might Also Like

0 People Obsessing!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images