Hair Diary: McGradyLady

3:10 PM

I would like to say thanks to you for your fotki and your blog. You've inspired me from my transition and beyond :-) -McGradyLady

When and why did you decide to go natural?

I decided to go natural because I needed a change in my life.  Physically I wanted to lose weight and take better care of my body.  I figured why stop there and decided to start taking better care of my hair.  Plus I was really tired of wearing a wrap hairstyle lol!

Were your friends and family supporive of your decision?  If not, how were you able to move forward?

My BFF was very supportive.  My family had doubts (and expressed those doubts) about whether or not I would actually go natural.  Some of them even took bets on when I would break down and relax my hair. After transitioning for 8 month I BC'd.  They were shocked, but now they are sweating me and my hair lol. Because of fotki pages like yours I was inspired and able to move forward.

What is your current hair routine?

When my hair tells me it needs something I give it. I do deep condition every Sunday.  I also cleanse/shampoo my hair once a month (twice if my hair is feeling icky). Protein treatment once a month as well. Always on a Sunday.

What are your hair goals?  And what steps are you taking to achieve them?

Alot of ladies say they don't have any hair goals other than healthy hair.  I would like long and healthy hair lol.  To acheive this I am trying to limit the amount of different products I use in my hair.  I'm not much of a ingredients reader, but I do pay attention to how my hair reacts to a product.  As far as length goes I've been wearing protective styles Mon-Fri with the hopes that I can retain and grow my hair.
What are your favorite hair products? 
 
Herbal Essence Totally Twisted, Castor Oil and Olive Oil.  Still on the hunt for a deep conditioner and leave-in that I can't live without.
What is your definition of " Good Hair "?
 

Good hair to me is healthy hair.  From root to tip!

To see more from McGradyLady please visit the sites below...

Blog: http://workingoutthekinks.onsugar.com/  Fotki: http://members.fotki.com/Natural-Swagg/about/

You Might Also Like

0 People Obsessing!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images