In Review: Shea Moisture Shea Butter Masque, Black Soap Shampoo & Conditioner

1:08 PM



Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque 
"deeply 
moisturizes 
and 
repairs
 hair, 
while 
providing
 a
 protective 
barrier 
for 
the
 hair 
from 
heat 
and 

styling 
aids."
$9.99 at Walgreens
Deionized Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Argan Oil , Vegetable Glycerin , Emulsifying Wax , Sea Kelp Extract , Panthenol (Vitamin B-5) , Essential Oil Blend , Avocado Oil , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle and Japanese Honeysuckle) , Tocopherol (Vitamin E) , Hyssopus Officinalis Extract , Salvia Officinalis Leaf and Equisetum Arvense Extract (Sage) , Soybean Oil , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot)

African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo 
"
shampoo 
helps 
regulate
 sebum
 production,
while 
alleviating 
itching
 and 
flaking."
$9.99 at Walgreens
Deionized Water , Decyl Glucoside (Sugar Beets) , African Black Soap , Salicylic Acid , Salix Alba Bark Extract (Willow) , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Charcoal Powder , Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Tea Tree) , Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba) , Butyrospermum Parkii Oil (Shea) , Aloe Vera Leaf Juice , Vitamin E , Rosemary Extract , Plantain Extract , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle and Japanese Honeysuckle)

African Black Soap Balancing Conditioner 
"helps 
to 
reduce 
itching 
and
 flaking, 
while
 soothing
 and 
balancing
 the 
scalp.'
$9.99 at Target
Deionized Water, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice , Salicylic Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Vegetable Protein, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Bu@er) Oil*, Cetyl Alcohol, Castor Isostearate Succinate, Plantain Enzyme, Capryl Gycol, EssenQal Oil Blend, Japanese Honeysuckle Extract. *Denotes CerQfied Organic Ingredient.

You Might Also Like

3 People Obsessing!

  1. Yay! I have been waiting on this review to see what you thought! I too picked up some Shea Moisture Products when they were on sale at Walgreens. I agree with you about the Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque. I am not a wash and go girl. However, when I use this as a deep treatment my curls have so much definition, moisture, and bounce after washing. I have no complaints and will keep this in my rotation!

    FYI, yes salicylic acid (you pronounced it right the second time) is used in acne treatments and it is also a key ingredient in some clarifying shampoos. It is actually an ingredient in the clarifying shampoo I use from Elucence. Salicylic acid can also be used in astringent form to get rid of dandruff and itching. I sometimes use a bit of Sea breeze on a Q tip on dry areas of my scalp between shampoos. Salicylic acid is very drying to your hair! I am sure that is why you did not like the shampoo. It was a good move to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner!

    Sorry for the book report, just wanted to pass on the info. Thank you for the video. I am looking forward to more! Love, love, LOVE your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also been waiting for this review. Glad to see that you've gotten some of the shea moisture products. I have several bottles in the Organic Raw Shea Butter (including the mask you reviewed) and the Organic Coconut and Hibiscus line. I also have the body wash and have fallen in love with the baby oil that they put out.

    This is the best product line that I've ever used and I've been wanting to try out some of the other shampoos in the African Black soap section of the product line. This was a great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even finished watching the vid, but just wanted to say I LOVE your purple top! Sorry! Off topic!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images