Teyana Taylor's Curly Hawk

10:09 AM

Teyana showed off her new do via Twitter last night with the following message,"This fashion thing ain't new to me ...".  So in the words of funny man Kyle Washington "I Concur" lol.  This look is so hot and fits her face perfectly.  It may look complicated but in reality its a very simple style to achieve.  First you want to start by cornrowing the sides in a upward direction and securing the braids with rubber bands (small black ones).  Make sure you leave a decent amount of hair out at the top.  Then you can take the remaining hair and either curl it with a curling iron or set the hair in rollers/flexi rods.

Now because Teyana's hair is so long, bobby pins were probably used to keep the hair from flopping all over the place and to give more that mohawk feel. And lastly allow a few curls to fall around the face to soften up the look.  Did you guys notice the back?  Last week she told us that she got a new cut, and I love it.  View the pic below.
So in regards to the cut, is this a "Hair Do" or a "Hair Don't" ?

You Might Also Like

16 People Obsessing!

  1. This is definitely a DO!! Love it. I love funky styles, though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hair do! very cute and curly, I remember shaving my hair like that in the back when Salt-N-Peppa was hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair Do... very NOW... Now is in... whatever fits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her hair is not that long, it's weave but a very cute weave (look at the second pic, that's her real hair). It looks very natural. The shaving of her head is so her...everyone is doing it...cassie, lala....it's cute that it's not the same type of side head shave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this hairstyle on her. I think that this is a definite Do :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that look ! i want that look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the hair style too. BUT u guys have to remember that she adds weave into her hair as well. ive seen her REAL hair in recent home videos and recent pictures and it IS nice. but it ISNT as big as in her photo shoot pictures

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I see a lot of hairstyles that I saw as a kid in the 90's popping up all over but with a twist. One I saw recently is the all over extremely short cut worn straight with no curls and then on side of the head there is hair at the front, lightly bumped under and about chin length.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LUv this hairstyle!! So much that when i take my box braids out i am getting it but with a different design on the sides but still in the form of a mohawk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This IS A Hair Do i would Say
    i Absolutely Love It Is IS so goregous
    i would totally do somethng like that

    ReplyDelete
  11. i freakin love tha new hair cut yur mii idol so yea i love it qirl

    ReplyDelete
  12. I DONT LIKE IT ..ITS GONNA BE UN EVEN EWWW.THAT'LL TAKE YOUR TO GROW BACK THE SAME LENGTH AS THE TOP

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's cute on her. On me not so much. I'm not a funky hair style kind of girl. More conservative with my styles. Probably because I'm style challenged lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the look on her but it isn't anything new. Just last summer La La and Cassie shaved theirs so.. But it is def a hair DO

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images