Hair Diary: Carolyn W.

3:36 PM

When and why did you decide to go natural?

I have been natural twice. Once in high school and again my sophomore year of college. I have been completely natural since November 15, 2007.

Were your family and friends supportive of your decision? If not, how were you able to move forward?

My family members did not really care what I did with my hair. They all know I have always been kind of weird and eclectic lol. They love me no matter what. My friends seem to accept my hair totally. Some of my friends are natural themselves! I'm blessed to have people in my circle who accept me for who I am.

What is your current routine?

I change up my hair routine from summer to winter. Right now, because it's warm, I am doing a loose hair challenge on my youtube channel: TheHeartfeltHoney. I am usually in protective styles but I wanted to test my hair and see if I can retain length and grow my hair while wearing it out. I shampoo and deep condition once a week. I twist or braid with a leave in conditioner and Heartfelt Naturalz Honey Due and leave them in over night. I untwist or braid usually on a Monday morning and wear my hair loose for at least 7 days. I do not re-braid or twist every night. I repeat this cycle every 7 days.

What are your hair goals? What steps are you taking to achieve them?

My hair goal is just to keep it healthy. Everything else will come. I am patient with my hair and I have enjoyed it at  all stages. I have had times when I just didn't know what to do with it lol I've learned so much and I'm grateful for the experiences I've had to get here.

What new styles or tecniques have you learned this year?

This year I have learned the correct moisture balance for my hair. I used to put to much oil in my hair in an effort to keep it from being dry. Now I think I have found away to give it just enough.

What is your definition of "Good Hair"?

Good hair is hair that is not breaking, damaged, dry etc. Good hair is hair that is well groomed and taken care of. Everyone has the potential to have good hair.

Curly girls have more fun because...We have accepted ourselves just as we are!

Carolyn, also known as "The Heartfelt Honey" is a guest blogger here on Naturally Obsessed, please check out posts by clicking this link...enjoy :) http://naturallyobsessed.onsugar.com/tag/food+for+thought

You Might Also Like

0 People Obsessing!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images