Hair Diary: Valerie R.

1:49 PM

Who Am I...My name is Valerie. I have been natural for 3 years. My whole life I was told that I had unruly unmanageable hair. It has been a long hard journey. Once I thought I had everything down packed with the “Curly girl method”, I discovered that something still was not right. Well ladies, as if caring for curly hair isn’t hard enough, I discovered I am protein- sensitive as well. So right now I am on a journey to find what works best for my hair sans protein.


Whereabouts...I live in Orlando, Fl. I do not see many naturals on the regular but saw many at the 2011 Curly Nikki event. Hair History...I have been natural for a little over 3 years. I decided to go natural because I finally wanted to see what my REAL hair looked like.

The Opinions of Others...My mother was shocked at the fact that I actually went through with it and my older sister was negative about it (she is relaxed). I simply told them that I love the hair God gave me. My mother decided to go natural with me. My sister likes my curls but always comments on how she liked my straight hair better.

My Curl Routine...
**I do not use sulfates, silicones nor proteins in my hair**
-Wash 1x or 2x a week with a sulfate-free and protein-free shampoo, I wash in 2 sections
-De-tangle hair in front of mirror with conditioner (saves water). I use a paddle brush for ends and a big tooth comb for my roots. I de-tangle in 8 sections, 2 sections in each quadrant
-Deep condition 1x a week with my Hair Therapy Wrap -Put in leave-in conditioner (5 sections.. 2 in the back, 1 in the crown and 2 in the front)
-Seal with a oil or butter ** I stop at this step if I want to achieve a twist out
-Rack and shingle gel in (for a Wash and Go)
-Apply finisher
-Diffuse for a Wash and Go and Air dry for twist out
-Protect hair at night by sleep in a Satin Bonnet

Hair Goals & Actions I'm Taking To Get There...Yes I do have a hair goal! I would like to stop dying my hair and I want to get to bra strap length curly. I have a lot..A LOT of grey and I am only 22. I noticed that my new growth is healthier. So I guess I will have to deal with my silver strands. As for growing out my hair, I am moisturizing more frequently to combat dryness and break age. I am also playing around with protective styling.

My Fave Looks...
Wash and Go's
Twists and a Beanie
Twist Outs


Curly girls have more fun because... We don't have to worry about getting caught in the rain!!

Thanks you Valerie for sharing your Hair Diary!! If you would like to see more, please visit Valerie at www.Curls2Envy.wordpress.com and/or follow her on FaceBook :)

You Might Also Like

7 People Obsessing!

  1. Wow hun your hair is truly gorgeous I can't believe someone ever told you that your hair looks unruly!..such an inspo since I am currently transitioning..x

    you got yourself a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long and beautiful hair has always been my dream. I've tried a lot of shampoos, conditioners and other recipes for increasing hair growth, but my hair was not so thick and healthy, so I had to cut it again and again. Eventually I understood that the best effect comes when nutrition is done from inside out. Basic nutrients should come from food, but there are seasons when we strongly suffer from the lack of vitamins. Recently I've started taking nutritional supplement Hair Gain Formula by Military Grade. This product is the only nutraceutical which possesses prostaglandin D2 blocking properties. I must say, result was above expectations! I detect lots of short hair on my head and it grows quicker. I hope my dream of a long hair would soon come true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog and absolutely outstanding. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best tiktok viewer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article! Very informative blog. monster legends hack This was very helpful! Thank you so much for this!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images