Hair Diary: Rhea S.

12:49 PM

When and why did you decide to go natural?

January 6th or 7th of 2010.  I had never liked perms in general and hated getting them, but I didn't know what else to since I wasn't taking care of my hair.  It would usually get to be to much for me to handle, so I would get a perm whenever I couldn't take it.  That was usually a year at a time, I rarely got a perm more than once a year because I couldn't stand the burns.  What perms did to my hair and how it thinned and basically took away the versatility of my natural hair.  I didn't know what else to do, I saw perms as a way to make my life a little easier.

Were your friends and family supportive of your decsion?  If not, how were you able to move forward?

My mom and one of brothers were, my other one doesn't care, but one of my brother's will hate it when I cut it, or when it's naturally out in fro. He finds it to be nappy in a big fro, but that only makes me want to do it, because I don't care what he thinks!

What is current hair routine?

So far, co-wash weekly, detangle weekly, moisturize daily or every other day depending on the weather, deep condition every two months after I cleanse my hair, but that's about it for now. I plan to shampoo once a month, but have yet to find a shampoo I like. I only just becoming conscious of the ingredients they put in my hair last week, so I don't really have a favorite product line yet and I made a lot of mistakes. Unfortunately I'll have to use products that have stuff that I don't like because I ran out of money, but I hope to get the products I want soon.

What are your hair goals? What steps are you taking to achieve them?

I want to get to where I'm use to styling my hair and find some appropriate products for it. I want it to be softer, stronger, and thicker than it every was. Length is secondary. I'm keeping it moist, detangled, and conditioned to keep it in tip top shape, and I'm always looking for new products to try out, but money holds me back so far

 What are your favorite hair products? What are your least favorite?

The ones aimed at natural hair and use little or no chemicals, lots of natural products, and are inexpensive. I hate expensive products that have ingredients that are damaging to my hair and usually avoid.

What is your definition of "Good Hair" ?

My hair. My hair is good the way God made it. It's thick, big, durable, forgiving (because I don't know what I'm doing a lot), and loving, plus it's what God gave me so it's got to be the best. It lost some of it's good qualities when I permed it, but I'll get it back to it's original shape asap and take way better care of it then I ever did.

You Might Also Like

0 People Obsessing!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images