Hair Diary: Natural Delta

11:40 AM

When and why did you decide to go natural?

I went natural in June of 2006 because of damaged hair.  I had been over processing my hair and not taking care of it for a looooong time, and after after some time it started to really show!  I decided to cut it all off and start over.  I wore micro braids for about 9 months and then unleashed my new look to the world!

Were your friends and family supportive of your decision?  If not, how were you able to move forward?

For the most part my friends and family were supportive. My friends LOVED the new me and my family came around pretty quickly. They are very use to seeing me with relaxed hair hair so it took them some getting use to but I believe everyone is in full support of it now.

What is current hair routine?

My current hair routine consists of me washing it one every two weeks and either wearing braid outs or twists. Here recently though I have been wearing it straight because of the cooler weather. While my hair is straight I either wrap it or pin curl it to add volume. I make sure that it is always well moisturized and conditioned.

How do you protect your hair in cold and warm weather?

During the warmer months I rarely straighten my hair because of the humidity. I either wear twists, braids, braid outs or one big puffs. During the colder months I straighten more so I TRY to use a good heat protectant on my hair and make sure that I wrap it up every night.

What are your hair goals?  What steps are you taking to achieve them?

My hair goal is just to maintain healthy hair. Whether its short or long, I just want it to look and feel its best! I continue to moisturize and condition and I also deep condition once a month. I try to make sure that my ends are clipped about every two to four months. These things have been working for me thus far so I continue to do them.

What is your definition of "Good Hair" ?

My definition of "good hair" is HEALTHY HAIR!!! Doesn't matter if your hair is short, long, relaxed, natural, color treated or whatever. As long as its healthy, ITS ALL GOOD!!!

You Might Also Like

0 People Obsessing!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images